Posted by Marketing Marketing

ARTIST RECEPTION:
ANTHONY HOWE

April 21, 2017   5:00pm - 7:00pm

All of us at Foundry Vineyards are over joyed with the opportunity to house Anthony Howe's sculpture Alzon in our sculpture garden. We invite you and your family to come see this amazing kinetic sculpture and honored the talented artist who created it. The reception will be held April 21st from 5pm-7pm.
All ages are welcome.

Questions?  Email info@foundryvineyards.com

About Anthony Howe:

Anthony Howe was born in Salt Lake City, Utah. He attended the Taft School in Watertown, Connecticut followed by Cornell University and the Skowhegan School of Sculpture and Painting. Upon finishing his studies, Howe moved to rural New Hampshire and began to paint with watercolor and exhibit his work in Massachusetts. Needing a change of scenery, Howe moved to Manhattan in 1985 where he worked part-time building metal shelves, which is where his interested in this new material was cultivated. Howe’s artistic interest soon became geared toward kinetic sculpting. In 1994, he relocated to Orcus Island, Washington where he built his own home and opened a gallery.

In 2015, Howe was chosen to design the cauldron for the 2016 Rio Summer Olympics and in 2017 one of his sculptures was featured during the Academy Awards. The sculpture at Foundry Vineyards will reside in their sculpture garden for the next six months.